Prenatal Teacher Trainings
Prenatal Teacher Training Primer
Prenatal Yoga Primer
Perhaps you know you want to work with pregnancy and would like to focus on teaching prenatal yoga. Maybe you’re pregnant and would like to understand how to work with your practice through the trimesters.
Or perhaps, if a pregnant woman walked in the door to your regular hatha class, your eyes might resemble a deer in headlights. As teachers, we want to help our students, we want to keep them safe and we want to provide a high quality service. However, most initial teacher trainings simply do not have the time to cover much about pregnancy.
This Prenatal Yoga Primer course aims to deepen your abilities as a teacher and prepare you to meet your pregnant students with confidence.
In this course, you will learn:
· The Do’s, Don’ts and Maybes of Prenatal Yoga
· How to provide differentiated instruction in a group class
· Basic understanding of pregnancy anatomy and physiology plus the application to yoga asana
· Common discomforts in pregnancy and how to work with them
· Props 101 and working with a changing body shape
You will also have time for practice teaching, which allows you to brainstorm and troubleshoot with your peers.
Allow your teaching to be rejuvenated as you explore another facet of how yoga can benefit the public.
- Dates: Spring Primer / February 9-10 Summer Primer/ June 15-16
- Training Times: Sat 9:30-12 & Sun 1:30-6:30
- Price: $325 Early Bird | $350
- Location: 5806 Woodrow Ave. Austin, TX 78756/ @ Yoga Peace School
Beauty Blossom Birth 85-hr TT at TLYH
Beauty Blossom Birth is the first Registered Prenatal Yoga School in Texas and have graduated some amazing prenatal teachers. They offer a top of the line training program with innovative teaching methods and thorough coverage of topics required by Yoga Alliance. We are so excited to partner with Stacy Wooster, founder and facilitator of the BBB 85-hr prenatal teacher training, to offer this training program at our new north location and to grow our prenatal class offerings.
- Anatomy and Asana through the 4 trimesters
- Moving with Ease in Pregnancy
- Contraindications & Cautionary Tales
- Efficient Use of Props
- Relaxation Techniques, Restoratives & Yoga Nidra
- The Role of the Prenatal Yoga Teacher & Ethics
- Yogic Philosophy & Mothering
- Ayurveda through the Cycles of Womanhood
- Subtle Body Wisdom & the Universe of the Uterus
- Meditation, Mudra & Pranayama
- Birth Possibilities & Coming to Terms with Triggers
- Preparation for Birth with Yoga
- Lesson Planning for Public Classes
- Spontaneity & Presence
- Working with Private Clientele
- Prenatal / Postpartum Business Basics
- and more...
Training Dates: *85 hours over 3 weekends*
The Little Yoga House @ The Village
2700 West Anderson Ln Suite 229
Early Bird Tuition: $1100 *Use promo code MAMABIRD**expires 12/21*
Full Tuition: $1250
Payment Plan: $150 non-refundable deposit + monthly payments can be made and set up how you would like but must be paid by the start of the training* please call to set up this option
If you are interested in this email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation Policy: If you register then cancel with more than 30 days notice prior to the start of the program, you will be refunded minus $150 administrative costs. Because class sizes are limited and our scheduling must be done far in advance for each program, if you cancel less than 30 days prior to the start of the program, you will be responsible for the full investment. By registering, you are agreeing to these conditions.
More About the training
Beauty Blossom Birth is the brain child of Stacy Wooster who realized through birthing her own three babies that the cycle(s) of motherhood needs continual support and nourishment and that yoga is an excellent vehicle for self-care. Yoga promotes mindfulness and everyone can do it!
She looked around for continued education options and saw a vacuum throughout the central and southern parts of the United States. Beauty Blossom Birth was created from a passion to make resources more widely available to both teachers and expecting families.
The lead teacher for the program, Stacy has worked with pregnancy through multiple modalities since 2002 and has mentored yoga teachers on the finer points of working with pregnancy since 2010. She has a past in education and in her post-baccalaureate training, she learned curriculum design and how to reach the learner in a way that takes understanding and knowledge deeper.
She wrote the curriculum for Beauty Blossom Birth while pregnant with her third child. She practiced the teachings during her pregnancy and also worked with her clients & students, receiving feedback along the way. The curriculum and school application was mailed off to Yoga Alliance while she rode the contractions of prodromal labor. The program was quickly approved and in May 2012, the first Registered Prenatal Yoga School in Texas was born!
Stacy recognizes how a group of people can move the world, so she has sought out other amazing yogis, scholars and health care professionals as collaborators to produce the juiciest coursework for you.
It would be an honor to have you join us.