We're thrilled to announce a new series on our blog, A Moment On The Mat. In this series we'll be featuring different families from our yoga community.
Our first interview is with Jesse Coulter -- mother of three, blogger & YouTube entertainer! Jesse shares the highs and lows of parenting on her blog and social media daily. We laugh along with her family dance parties and empathize as she makes tough decisions for the greater good of her tribe. More then anything, we admire Jesse's transparency and never ending optimism. We sat down with Jesse to get some of her tips and tricks for living your best life with kids in Austin. Read on and enjoy A Moment on the Mat with Jesse:
1. Introduce yourself! First, I'm a born-and-raised Texan and proud of it! I live in Round Rock with my husband, Alex, and our three children, Turner, 4, and Walt and Whitney, 15 month [old] twins. I work full-time as a marketing manager for XYIENCE Energy Drink and have been blogging for 6 years at jessecoulter.net. I studied marketing and earned my MBA, so I love using my degree for not only my career but passion project and creative outlet, which is my blog and YouTube channel!
2. There are a million voices out there giving advice, warranted and unwarranted. What parenting philosophy have you adopted to keep yourself centered and focused in this crazy world? Trust your instinct, and try your best. That's my philosophy for most things in my life.
3. What is the hardest part about being a modern parent? What’s the best part? I think in general America sucks when it comes focusing on family over career. I wish we could be more like Europe, and have more time off and focus less on work, work, work! I see myself moving up in Marketing, but does that mean I have to sacrifice my family for it? Best part would be finding women to connect with on social [media] that share similar struggles and joys. I have met SO many amazing women in Austin through social media and have built true friendships because of it.
4. Where is your favorite place to grab a bite with the whole family? HAHAHAHA....we have gone out as an entire family only 3 times since my twins were born 15 months ago! If we do go out we like to enjoy a good burger and a play area is a MUST, so P. Terry's or Hat Creek Burger are great spots!
5. What’s your favorite part about coming to The Little Yoga House? My son is a bit wild, so I enjoy the lessons. They teach him how to listen to his body, as well as others'. I encourage him to try new things and step outside his comfort zone, so yoga helps him to do that.
Stay tuned for more installations of A Moment on the Mat, featuring our yoga community!